Monday, April 28, 2014

A Second Look At "Season Of Witch" aka "Halloween III: Season Of the Witch".

Probably the most underrated sequel in all of horror.....

In one aspect, I get why this gets a bad rap. The film dawns the "Halloween" moniker which means one thing; Michael Myers. In this one, Michael Myers isn't anywhere to be found (unless you count his brief cameo on the TV at the bar). How in the hell are you going to make a "Halloween" movie and not have Michael Myers in it ? A perfectly clear example of false advertising.

Then again, Tom Atkins is in it. Granted, no Michael Myers but he is a bad mother fucker in his own right.

Instead of murdering teenagers, Halloween III is an invasion flick centered around an annoying jingle that's the rage with all the kids.

I know, not as cool as seeing teenagers getting slashed with a kitchen knife. But, it does get better......

In another aspect, I don't see why it gets a bad rap. It's a pretty solid film. Typical invasion fare in here. You can clearly see the homages for "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" in this one. I dig this film quite a bit and you can too !

How ?

One major complaint I've heard and read: "Well, I would've like it better if it didn't say Halloween.". You just answered your own question. Just ignore the fact its suppose to be affiliated with the Halloween franchise. That's how I watched for the first time and continue to watch it. Trust me, after you get over that hurdle; you might actually like it just as much as I do.

Most (not all) sequels are bad. This one isn't. Give it a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment